Ivan tea narrow-leaved was appreciated in Russia not only for the taste of the drink made from it, but also for the benefits that Ivan tea brings. A balanced combination of vitamins and minerals has a beneficial effect on the body. The beneficial properties of Ivan tea have been known for a long time, many of them have been confirmed by modern medicine.
- Infusions and decoctions of Ivan tea leaves have strong anti-inflammatory properties. Fireweed has the highest coefficient of anti-inflammatory action among the studied plants of the Russian flora.
- Also noted are the enveloping properties of willow tea. Therefore, traditional herbalists and modern herbalists use ivan tea in the treatment of peptic ulcer and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- The ability of narrow-leaved fireweed to suppress the reproduction of the herpes simplex virus in tissue cultures has been established.
- The hanerol obtained from fireweed has an antitumor effect. Not for nothing in Russia healers used Ivan tea in the treatment of various types of malignant tumors.
- Ivan tea has a calming effect on the central nervous system and is very effective in treating neuroses. Along with this, broths of narrow-leaved fireweed enhance the effect of sedative and hypnotic drugs, have an anticonvulsant effect. It is a mood modulator, reduces aggressiveness, stress protector. Helps with headaches, insomnia.
- Ivan tea has a positive effect on the work of the heart, thanks to the hyperoside found in plant raw materials.
- Preparations of narrow-leaved fireweed in the form of an infusion are used in the treatment of various kinds of eczema, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis and other skin diseases.